Call for Entries:
Catamount Film & Arts is now accepting online submissions for its 2014 High School Filmmakers Showcase which will be held at the Green Mountain Film Festival in Saint Johnsbury, Vermont on April 5th, 2014.
- All filmmakers must be eighteen years or under on April 5, 2014 to be eligible.
- Each film must be less than 10 minutes long.
- Festival staff will screen films and place them into one of two divisions: (1) In-Competition and (2) Out-Of-Competition. All films in both divisions will be screened at the festival.
- From the films placed in the In-Competition Division, a jury of teens will select a winner and a runner up each of the four categories: drama, comedy, documentary and experimental (including animation).
- A jury of industry professionals will select one film from these finalists to be awarded the Best of Fest award. The winning filmmaker gets his/her choice of a scholarship to attend a SOCAPA two-week filmmaking program in New York City, Vermont or Los Angeles donated by the School of Cinema & Performing Arts.
- Filmmakers must hold all necessary rights for any films they submit.
- A filmmaker can submit multiple films.
- Each film must be submitted on an individual DVD in the designated format (DATA DVD (DVD-R or DVD+R) with your film in QuickTime (.MOV) format). Both hi-def or standard def are accepted - if the film was shot in hi-def, it should be exported as such.
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JANUARY 31, 2014.
- Filmmakers selected for the festival will be notified by March 1st, 2014.
APPLY ONLINE NOW